The Importance of Labels in Healthcare
Healthcare labels are used in many areas across clinical care delivery where they help improve patient safety, as well as in many different operational and administrative areas. For non-care operational settings, labels are often used on cabinets, office furniture, computers, and other technology equipment, as well as in administrative settings, storerooms, and shipping and warehouse areas. Labels are used to track assets such as medical devices or other types of equipment used in treatment areas. And they can also appear on signage throughout both clinical and operational settings.
Elevated Focus on Cleaning & Disinfection
Cleaning and disinfecting has always been a high priority across the healthcare landscape.
Yet, in the wake of the current pandemic situation, devices and many other types of equipment are now being sanitized and wiped down more frequently with amplified cleaning solutions. For that reason, the additional focus should be given to the types of labels and label tape being applied in the wide range of healthcare applications. It’s paramount for healthcare providers to deploy labels that resist wear-down, scratch-off, or fading with cleaning. If you’re wondering what to look for in your healthcare labeling solution, here are 5 key considerations to keep in mind:
- Small Footprint
Look for a label printer that is compact and has a small footprint, as space is limited in many healthcare settings.
- Label Type
Seek out a label printer that can seamlessly print labels that work on a variety of surfaces or applications – medical equipment labels, supply room or storeroom shelf labels, labels for the administration area, etc.
- Label Lamination
Since many healthcare labels are used in harsh settings, it’s important to have laminate applied directly to the top of the labels to prevent rubbing off over time.
- UV/Chemical Abrasion
Many healthcare environments call for labels options that are resistant to UV rays and chemical abrasion label options for use with harsh cleaners or chemicals, so look for labels that can stand up to these conditions.
- Label Tape Options
Seek out a printer that can accommodate a continuous label tape as an easy-to-drop-in cartridge.
Healthcare Label Printers Designed to Enhance Safety in Care Delivery & Operations
PT-P900W – Industrial High-Resolution Laminate Label Printer with Wi-Fi®
When you need healthcare labels that last, even in harsh environments, compact P-touch labeling tools print high-resolution, durable laminated labels that ensure proper identification, tracking, and safety in the toughest clinical settings. The Brother PT-P900W features an advanced auto-cutter and easy-peel feature. Create one or many customized, durable labels in a variety of combinations and widths for any healthcare need. This high-speed label printer lets you design labels on your PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone then print using USB or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Durable labels up to 36mm wide
- High-speed and high-resolution (360dpi) printing
- Integrated Wi-Fi to print labels from several devices at once, including tablets and smartphones
- Built-in auto cutter with easy-peel function
- Li-ion rechargeable battery and host of accessories
- Comes complete with software, design tools, and accessories
- Drop-in tape cartridge design helps make media replacement simple and trouble-free
- Includes PT-Editor 5 professional barcode and label design/print software application
If you’d like to learn more about how today’s advanced labeling tools that can print labels that can stand up to a variety of conditions. See how these desktop and barcode label printers are out-of-the-box ready to create tough, laminated labels.
TD-2130NHC – 2-inch Direct Thermal Desktop Healthcare Label and Wristband Printer
For your other healthcare printing needs like wristbands and patient ID, look to an industry-leading direct thermal desktop network healthcare label and wristband printer.
The Brother TD-2130NHC is the first-ever healthcare thermal printer with TrustSense™ smart media technology that prints accurate human and machine-readable patient identification information to help improve patient safety.
Here are a dozen key features:
- Up to 2.4” printing of PDC wristbands and labels
- 300dpi print resolution
- Compact footprint with optional battery
- Compatibility with larger media rolls for less frequent media replacement
- Support for most commonly used PDC wristbands and labels
- Drop-in spindle-less design for simple, fast media replacement
- Thermal printer PLUS Brother label design/print software application
- Windows Server2012/2008R2/2008/2003; Windows 8/7/ Windows Vista and XP compatibility
- Ethernet LAN (10/100Base-TX), USB 2.0, Host USB, and RS-232C Serial interfaces
- Optional Wireless Interfaces: Wi-Fi®LAN (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth® technology Ver. 2.0+EDR (Class 2) wireless
- Optional long-life Li-ion rechargeable battery
- 2-year Select limited warranty (includes print head)
Trying to find the best printer or labeling solution for your business needs? Try the Product Finder tool to help you choose the best solution in just a few clicks.