Healthcare thermal printer.
The Brother model TD-2130NHC is the world’s first healthcare thermal printer with TrustSense™ smart media technology that prints accurate human and machine readable patient identification information to help improve patient safety.
- Up to 2.4” printing of PDC wristbands and labels
- 300dpi print resolution
- Compact footprint with optional battery
- Compatibility with larger media rolls for less frequent media replacement
- Support for most commonly used PDC wristbands and labels
- Drop-in spindle-less design for simple, fast media replacement
- Thermal printer PLUS Brother label design/print software application
- Windows Server2012/2008R2/2008/2003; Windows 8/7/ Windows Vista and XP compatibility
- Ethernet LAN (10/100Base-TX), USB 2.0, Host USB, and RS-232C Serial interfaces
- Optional Wireless Interfaces: Wi-Fi®LAN (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth® technology Ver. 2.0+EDR (Class 2) wireless
- Optional long life Li-ion rechargeable battery
- 2-year Select limited warranty (includes print head)
|Use Model||Powered Network/Desktop Thermal Printer|
|In Box Solution||Thermal Printer PLUS Brother Label Design/Print Software Application|
|Printing Technology||Printing Technology|
|Media / Print Width||2.48″ (63mm) / 2.205″ (56mm)|
|Print Head Resolution||300 x 300 dpi|
|Print Engine Speed||Up to 6ips (152.4mm/sec.) With AC Adapter|
|Printer Size (W x H x L)||4.33″ (110mm) x 6.77″ (172mm) x 8.46″ (215mm)|
|Control Panel||3 Buttons, 2 LEDs, Touch Panel & LCD Display (optional)*|
|Real Time Clock||Available with Touch Panel and LCD Display option*|
|Media Loading||Drop-In Spindle-Less Design, Accepts Up to 5″ (127mm) OD Roll Media, All Core Sizes|
|Media Specifications||0.75-2.48″ (19-63mm) Wide, 0.5″ (12.7mm) Min Length, 2.3-11mil (0.058-0.279mm) Thick|
|Printer Sensors||Top Cover, Gap, Black Mark (Edge-to-Edge Adjustable), Peeler (optional)*|
|Printer Languages / Emulations||Raster Graphics, ESC P, Text (Template/Form), ZPL II®|
|Printer Memory||Standard with 16MB Flash (6MB for Templates/Databases), 32MB SDRAM|
|Windows® OS||Windows Server® 2012/2008R2/2008/2003, Windows® 8/7/XP, Windows Vista®|
|SDK Support||Windows® (b-PAC), Windows Mobile®, iOS®, Android®|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet LAN (10/100Base-TX), USB 2.0 (Full Speed), Host USB, RS-232C Serial|
|LAN IPv4 Protocols||ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA (Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, FTP Server, TFTP Server, SNMPv1/v2c, ICMP|
|Optional Interfaces||Wi-Fi® WLAN (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth® Ver. 2.0+EDR (Class 2) wireless|
|Wireless Security||SSID (32chr), WEP 64/128bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS|
|Bluetooth® Profiles||Serial Port (SPP), Object Push (OPP), Basic imaging (BIP)|
|Resident Barcodes||Linear: Code39, Code93, Code128, ITF, UPC-A/E, EAN-8/13, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128), GS1 DataBar (RSS), MSI, Industrial 2of5, Postnet 2D: PDF417/MicroPDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code/Micro QR Code, Aztec|
|Power Specifications||External Power Adapter (Input: 100-240VAC 50/60 Hz, 2.1A, Output: 25VDC 6A) Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (optional)*|
|Optional Configurations*||Rechargeable Battery, 4-bay External Battery Charger, Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Interfaces, Peeler, Touch Panel LCD Display|
|Limited Warranty||2-year Select limited warranty (Includes Print Head)|
* Requires additional purchase. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Battery base unit accessory
- Li-ion rechargeable battery accessory
- 4-bay battery charger accessory
- Wi-Fi® WLAN interface accessory
- Bluetooth® interface accessory
- Touch panel display accessory
- Peeler accessory
- Serial interface adapter accessory
- 6ft mini-USB cable accessory
Custom sizes and materials with art are available. Please contact us for information on additional supply options, or to receive a quote for custom media.
The right wristband and label media can determine the success or failure of your patient ID system. With such important factors in mind, more healthcare organizations choose media from PDC Healthcare to provide accurate and reliable positive patient identification, superior imprint quality, maximum resistance to solvents, and seamless printing.
PDC Healthcare Media Features:
A Wide Selection of Wristband and Label Sizes to fit all shapes and sizes of patients, from the smallest newborn babies to the largest adults.
Scan Reliability to deliver consistently accurate scan rates for positive patient identification and tracking.
Compatibility with each unique application and designed to meet specific environmental requirements (NICU, laboratory, long-term care, etc.).
Durability to stand up to the test of time and maintain effectiveness throughout the patient’s full stay.
Comfort with smooth, soft materials that have contoured edges that are safe and comfortable against even the most delicate skin.
Safety and Security with multiple closure options and tamper-evident material that prevents the transfer of wristbands.
Workflow Efficiency to save time and streamline steps at point-of-care, providing convenience for caregivers so they can focus more time on caring for their patients.
Resistance to Common Fluids, including 70% Isopropyl alcohol, alkaline detergent, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, and Iodine.
Antimicrobial Coating to help protect wristbands from non-pathogenic, odor-causing bacteria, preventing degradation and discoloration, which can affect the legibility of patient information, the accuracy of bar code scanning, and the comfort and satisfaction of patients.
PDC Healthcare smart media used in the TrustSense Patient ID Printing Solution helps healthcare institutions optimize the safety of patients at critical points in the delivery of care to improve clinical outcomes and enhance the overall patient experience.
PDC Healthcare wristbands and labels also help organizations to maintain compliance with important patient safety regulations, including:
- The Joint Commission Patient Safety Guidelines
- HIPAA requirements for protection of patient privacy
- AHA guidelines to reduce the risk of lost or transferred data
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Stage 2 requirements for Electronic Tracking of Medication by 2014
Call 800-543-6144 today to learn how the TrustSense™ Patient ID Printing Solution with PDC Healthcare smart media can help your organization protect patients, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce risk.