Receipts are still a required part of the POS workflow, but the range of receipt delivery choices has expanded. E-mail, secure text, and web registry have all emerged as viable alternatives to paper receipts. However, retailers still need to formulate their plans around a consistent “middle of the bell curve” customer base who continue to want immediate delivery of an on-demand paper receipt. With today’s highly portable and highly connected mobile printers, paper receipts can be printed virtually anywhere on the sales floor, giving POS customers the same options as those in traditional checkout or return lines.
- How Mobile Printer Technology is Helping Healthcare Organizations with the Demand for Mobile Testing and Vaccination Centers
- Taking Citations to the Next Level: Olathe, KS Police Departments Switches to eCitations
- [WHITE PAPER] How to Implement a Flexible Pricing Strategy to Maximize Revenue in Omnichannel Retail
- Putting the Ultimate Industrial Warehouse Printer to the Test
- Retail Industry Thriving with Correct Labeling and Modern Technology